Heather's Bright Spring Baby Shower

   When I found out my Bother and his girlfriend Heather were expecting the very first little one in our immediate family, I just had to offer to throw the shower. I wanted to squeeze out every little bit of creativity I had for this amazing event.
    The first step was picking out the theme. I threw around so many ideas until finally I settled on a "Bright Spring" themed baby shower. The shower was going to be held in late May, a time when Spring is in full bloom, so I thought it would be a perfect theme.
   The venue had lots of light which did a great job at bringing the sunny day indoors (minus a little rain shower as everyone was arriving, but not to worry, it cleared up fast). This was a gender-neutral shower, as the Mommy and Daddy-to-be wanted the gender of the baby to be a surprise. Therefore, I chose to go with bright shades of yellow, orange, and green for the color scheme. Everything shown below was made and created by yours' truly. Plus, my Mom and Grandma were able to join in on the fun when we planned a day of fabric crafts making the centerpiece vases and the soda bottle coozies.       
    The shower turned out FANTASTIC! It was a great experience for everyone involved. Now for the photos, enjoy!

First, for the invites... I created these on mixbook.com, one of my favorite sites for online personalized printing. I took one of their designs and added in my own touches. Mixbook works with Groupon so you can get great deals, which is exactly what I did :)



The beatiful soon-to-be Mommy arrives! Notice the cute Mommy-to-be boutineer I made :)



Diaper Raffle! This is a great idea for any baby shower. It is an optional game for guests to join in on. Simply ask your guests to bring a pack of diapers and/or wipes, and they will be entered to win a prize. We had three nice prizes for the diaper raffle and picked the winners at the end of the shower.




Food and Drinks for all!



Our soda bottle fabric coozies, and check out the cute menu cards I made.





Another menu card...


Now, for the place settings and flowers... The flowers were purchased from Samsclub.com.  I have purchased flowers from them before for other special occasions, and have always been very happy and impressed with the quality and prices. I definitely recommend them. The centerpiece vases were made by my Mother, Grandma, and me.



Lastly, my Yea! flags. These will be coming soon for purchase on my Etsy account. I came up with a bunch of cute baby sayings and made them into flags for guests to hold during photographs. 




Also, don't forget about the wishing tree, which I wrote about in my last post: Click Here 

  Overall, the shower was a hit! It was so nice to get all of Heather's friends and family together to celebrate her pending new addition. Everyone seemed to have a great time eating, chatting, and sharing the latest and greatest news in each others lives. It was a beautiful, bright, and sunny spring day to celebrate such a joyous occasion.



5 comments:

  1. I am in the middle of planning my baby shower and I love the diaper and wipees raffle idea! I will be having my baby shower in Dec. I'm so glad I came across your blog!! I also adore the wishing tree. Thanks for the ideas :) I also have my own mommy and beauty blog if you would like to take a look ;) http://thebeautyinmommyland.blogspot.com/
    look forward to more crafty posts!! have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Renee! Your blog looks great as well. Good luck with your the baby shower planing, and congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! We hope this still reaches you...since we couldn't find an email address to write to.

    We included the adorable menu idea from this shower party you styled in a recent post on our Party Suite blog:

    http://www.bellenza.com/party-ideas/baby-showers/cool-creative-baby-shower-menu-design-ideas

    Thanks for the inspiration for our readers.

    The Bellenza editors

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful!! I just love these custom decorations. For my sister’s baby shower I am also looking for a venue. I would prefer domestic event venues in San Francisco and would love to use these ideas you have shared for decoration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post mate, keep up the great work, just shared this with my friendz
    Faucets Canada

    ReplyDelete